Tuesday 18 September 2007

But everyone uses Windows, don't they?

Well here's a turn-up for the books! I have been elected Treasurer of the local Interfaith Council. That is a meeting of representatives of all the different religious communities in the city - Christian, Jewish, Muslim, Hindu, Sikh, Buddhist and Baha'i.
I was told that it would be best to use a computer with (insert name of popular Accounting package) and when I replied that I had not used Windows system for over 10 years there was general astonishment, and a "well what else is there?". I explained that I used Linux at home for email, browsing the web, office matters like spreadsheet and document writing and I had no intention of going back to Windows just to run an accounts package. So of course, I looked for a Linux based package as soon as I got home. I have downloaded GnuCash and will be trying it out over the next few weeks. I'll let you know how I get on.

1 comment:

Godfrey said...

just a test, as some folks have told me they cannot add a comment