Saturday 29 March 2008

A pun, my word!

Ever been so involved in your work that you cannot stop thinking about it, even for a moment? It fills all your waking moments, and even in your dreams? Then you are getting how I have been getting over the past few weeks. All that stress, building up like a head of steam in a boiler and it has to come out sometime.
Sadly, there are those that lash out, whilst others retreat to an 'inner world'. I have found that the best form of stress relief is laughter. I am known in my office, and amongst my family too, as an atrocious punster.*
A pun, my word - indeed! A pun is a play on words, and I find it a great escape valve for the tensions of the day.

* Eggsactly, there we were cracking yolks (jokes) which were getting more and more eggstreme, and more and more eggscruciating, and all because the landlady of my student digs (long time ago), offered me a hard boiled egg with the words "have an oeuf" and I, without thinking replied "what on oeuf for?" (well it was first thing in the morning, and I was not fully awake!

As William Sears titled his book "God Loves Laughter" - it introduced me to the Baha'i Faith.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good Grief, George Bernard Shaw must be turning in his grave...