Monday 26 May 2008

organisation and planning

I took a laptop computer home with me so that I could do some work at home before going to a hospital appointment. I was assured that the laptop was all ready to use. Imagine my surprise and frustration then, when I discovered it would not make the remote connection. I found that the 'remote connection' was a shortcut to a program on a network drive, but of course I cannot connect to the network without the remote connection application, which was located on a network drive ....!

I will have to go in early to the office, and get some work done, then go on to the hospital later.

Of course, I should have checked the machine before I took it home. It is easy to be wise after the event (called 20-20 hindsight).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Missing some common sense it would seem !

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you my be in the wrong job.
Ever considered a position in local government ?

Anonymous said...

what a f**kwit

Anonymous said...

I agree with the other comments. Hindsight is the excuse muppets use for not having exercised a bit of good old fashioned common sense before the event. There is no excuse for acting daft as a brush.