Wednesday 17 September 2008

be careful what you say

Well I should have expected it. I make some comments and my words seem to get twisted round.

"I should go to your aid" I said in a previous blog. "Does that mean that you would not?" someone asked. No, I will go to your aid. By using the word 'should' I intended to give it a moral obligation, as I hope I portrayed when I said that not helping was leading to injustice.
"So, you are good with your fists?" queried another. Not a bit of it. I still hold the view that violence is the last resort.

I suggested a 'what if' attitude, and received a comment 'congratulating' me on my compensation culture approach. How strange! If I, through my own actions, fall down a drain or, as I have done, trip over the curb whilst running for a bus, I do not expect to go cap in hand begging to the council. We must all take responsibility for our own actions, and not seek to blame others.

No, forget the 'should have expected it'. I did expect it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lanzarote was the last resort I went to.

Anonymous said...

"be careful what you say"

Is that a threat? Hope you're not suggesting you'll use your fists if I'm not careful !

Anonymous said...

Really? I heard Ibiza's quite good too.

Anonymous said...

So where were you? I was waiting ages for your help and you didn't turn up! You're all flipping talk, so you are.

Anonymous said...

Fist fights never solve anything.
Nail bombs and napalm....that'd sort it !