Friday 5 September 2008

No Religion ?!

One comment added to a previous blog item of mine referred to the line "and no religion too" from the song "Imagine".

I realise where people are coming from when they say that - all the animosity expressed by one group towards anyone who does not share their own particular views as shown by hundreds of years of history.

Abdu'l-Baha, the son of the Founder of the Baha'i Faith said that if two people argued over religion then both were wrong. He also said that if religion caused hatred and enmity then we would be better off without it.

However, I firmly believe that we all have a spiritual existence and cannot be described purely by reference to our physical selves. I cannot explain to anyone, and have often been laughed at when I relate, my own personal experiences that convince me that there is so much more to our existence than this material world.

No comments: