Friday 6 February 2009

Freedom of speech or moderation

A comment added to my previous post wondered why my blog is moderated, and if my "cult" requires it?

It is so sad when you meet someone without the courage to give their own name, and who seems unable to operate the 'cut and paste' as they could not spell the name Baha'i correctly. There is a world of difference between cults, and those great world-shaping, revealed religions. I hope sometime that 'anonymous' discovers the truth.

As for freedom of speech and moderation, well the Baha'i Faith teaches us "moderation in all things" but that is not the real reason for moderating posts to this blog. I have sadly been inundated with spam advertising, some indecent and I therefore took the decision, reluctantly to moderate the posts. You are all quite welcome to post comments - and I promise to read all of them. But can I make a plea that you add your name?

I realise that even being able to post my thoughts about, and quotations from, the Baha'i Faith is much more than my fellow believers in other countries can do, and that handling spam is a minor irritation compared to the imprisonment and torture being suffered by Baha'is elsewhere.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Godfrey, I have the courage to give my own name (It's Hugh Janus - I live in the US), but dont have the time to create a blogger account hence posted as anonymous. You have not met me as you suggest in your post. I do apologise for suggesting Baha'i is a cult and yes I did type instead of cut & paste. Please have the decency to publish your moderated posts instead of just posting your reply. You probably won't do this as censorship is probably a belief of yours