Tuesday 24 June 2008

digital camera woe

I recently bought a digital camera from a local photographic shop. Looks great, with a good sized screen, 3x optical zoom and 8Mpixel resolution. However, now that I have taken several dozen pictures with it, I find that I cannot transfer them to my Linux computer. I contacted the manufacturer, only to have a plain "We do not support Linux" reply.

I am not at all happy, as I have no plans to ditch Linux which I have been using for over 15 years. Sadly, the pictures will have to wait until I find some other way of transferring them from the M883 camera.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Didn't you check this when you bought the camera?
If not, that seems like an oversight

Anonymous said...

Does the camera not have any kind of Pictbridge capability ?
Given your background, did you not think about testing the camera before purchasing or at least review the spec ?

Anonymous said...

Godfrey,
I have been offered a choice of Lime or Raspberry flavoured jelly.
What flavour would you go for and why ?

Anonymous said...

Is Raspberry flavour compatible with Linux?